Bricky by Brick - for a Bigger, Better Theatre
Brighton Little Theatre was founded in 1940 and we pride ourselves on giving audiences great value, high quality theatre. Since the theatre’s inception, we have staged over 700 productions to theatre goers in Brighton and Hove.
Our permanent home is 9, Clarence Gardens. The building has seen some changes since 1940, chiefly the opening up of the ground floor and the installation of toilet facilities. However, that was many years ago.
Over the last year we have undertaken a thorough review of our available space to see how we might optimise its use.
This review included:
- a two storey extension at the rear of the theatre to release valuable space on the ground floor bar area providing more space for our audiences and a better space for people to work in, including the children at their weekly Youth Group sessions;
- the provision of modern dressing room facilities on the first floor;
- an upgrade to our toilets;
- a new technical area (for use as a lighting and sound box);
- providing easier access into and through the auditorium, improving the comfort of customer seating by providing more leg room, as well as giving them better sight lines onto the stage.
These plans received planning permission in 2017. You can see copies of the plans by clicking on the links to the right.
Your support for this major project will be invaluable.
You can click on the MyDonate button and provide a one off donation or set up a regular donation. As a GiftAid registered charity we can claim an additional 25% on any donation you make, an invaluable additional bonus!
In addition we are also offering a Sponsorship Package and also a BLT Builders Scheme. Details of these can be found by clicking on the relevant button below.
If you would like to know more about the project, have any questions, or even suggestions for raising funds you can email us at email@example.com and we'll get back to you!